Due to the complexity of land law in Indonesia and the significance of land matters in the real property and construction businesses, HP&P has found clients’ needs are best served by forming a specialist group in this area of expertise, covering advice and representation from the due diligence examination on existing rights over land, dealings with the land registry and other government agencies, negotiating with existing land owners, relevant tax issues, land security matters, transfers of rights over land and building acquisition documentation, negotiating leases, structuring/cooperation scheme and/or preparing legal documentation on construction based projects such as build-operate-transfer/BOT, joint operation arrangement and/or consortium arrangement.
The Firm has assisted foreign and domestic companies, consortia (including state owned companies and local government) and/or individuals acting as sellers, buyers, lessors, lessees, mortgagors, mortgagees, land owners, project owners, developers, main contractors, sub-contractors, and any other relevant parties in the business. By the nature of Indonesian land law, different factors come into play with the use of land for manufacturing, commercial development, or agribusiness, and the members of the Firm have extensive experience of all these sectors.
- Bvlgari Hotel & Resorts Project – the development of Bvlgari Hotel and Resorts in Bali by PT Jimbaran Villas and involvement in the financing by the syndication arranged by PT Bank DBS Indonesia
- Keppel Land, Singapore – approximately 400,000 sqm land acquisition for real-estate industry in eastern Jakarta, Indonesia
- Taman Niaga Soewarna Project – representation of foreign investor in a JV with local shareholders for office and warehouse complex and golf course development at Cengkareng, Banten Province, Indonesia
- Ria Bintan Resort Project – structuring land and resort development located in Bintan Island, Indonesia
- PT Lippo Karawaci, Tbk. – Advising on permits & licences required for property business
- Representation of Bali Cliff Hotel in business and corporate restructuring
- Representation of Hotel Sedona, Menado in business and corporate restructuring
- Representation of lead contractor in the Pakuwon Supermall project, Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia
- Sale and relocation of Embassy in Rasuna Said, DKI Jakarta (country name withheld)
- Sale and redevelopment of Embassy in Kuningan, DKI Jakarta (country name withheld)
- Assisting French property company, LNC Premier in real estate joint operation projects in DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
- Assisting Italian investor in planned investment in a property for resort development in waters off the southern coast of Java
- Advising UEA investor in the planned investment of residential property in Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia